I met lovely and kind people at ATW.
I think this program changed me.
Dorothy Li two years
after she returned to China.
Become a Corporate Sponsor:
Partner with an award-winning
theatre and educational institution
The Actors Theatre Workshop: A Vital New York City Cultural Institution
ATW is an award-winning non-profit that uses an original theatre technique to educate children and adults, and helps them achieve their potential through drama and education. ATW’s programs address some of the profound struggles we confront today as individuals, organizations and as a nation – educating our youth, giving people hope, and providing creative tools to bridge our differences.
ATW was founded in 1990 by Artistic Director, Executive Producer and Founder Thurman E. Scott, an award-winning theatre artist whose mentor Stella Adler deemed “a creative revolutionary”. NY1 recently recognized Mr. Scott’s committed work and contribution to the community by naming him their New Yorker of the Week.
Join us as a Corporate Sponsor
We partner with leading corporations and funders to bring our award-winning programming to those in need . . . while providing individuals from corporate America with meaningful opportunities to contribute and develop their own skills.
Our objective is to make it easy for our corporate partners to join with us to help others. From students to seasoned professionals, we welcome a diversity of people and organizations that contribute their time, expertise and resources to contribute to our mission. We believe that by working with us and experiencing our creative, inspirational programs, our volunteers, supporters and corporate partners are personally and professionally rewarded.
This two-minute profile on ATW and our founder Thurman E. Scott called Compassion reveals how ATW’s theatre techniques create empathy for others and give individuals powerful tools to change. Produced by BYU-TV as part of a series on individuals and organizations that make a meaningful contribution in the world.
Opportunities for our Corporate Partners
- Give your employees invaluable opportunities
- Volunteer or mentor in our theatre program for homeless children
- Develop creatively in innovative training programs taught by a gifted theatre artist
- Interact with diverse individuals and learn powerful techniques to bridge differences
- Receive leadership training, improve communication skills, strengthen presence
- Provide financial support and in-kind donations to help us reach more at-risk youth through our proven educational arts programs
- Affiliate with a successful non-profit organization to make a positive and lasting impact on the community
- Receive powerful recognition for your support from ATW’s supporters and follower, our elected officials, and in the press
Please contact us so that we may speak with you about the Corporate Sponsorship opportunity
that is right for your company.
What We do and Who We Serve
We invite you and your employees to be a part of ATW’s award-winning programs and classes that have changed the lives of thousands of individuals in New York City and around the world.
- We provide homeless and at-risk youth with creative and academic training, as well as crucial life skills, in our award-winning theatre, education and mentorship program Builders of the New World.
- We bring our acclaimed theatre education technique to corporate partners, churches and community groups through innovative diversity training and conflict resolution programs. We give community members the opportunity to express their ideas and talents on ATW’s professional stage in a free monthly Open Mic Night of Theatre, Song, Ideas and Current Events.
- We give theatre and film artists the opportunity to develop new plays in our writing and new play development workshops, and to realize their creative potential through conservatory training. We offer audience members the opportunity to see new plays in our free Play Reading Series.
- We provide business professionals with creative training in our Executive Leadership Program and our Creative Expression Workshop for people from all walks of life and professional backgrounds.
- We provide people at all stages of life – – students, working professionals and retirees – – with meaningful opportunities to volunteer their talents and expertise to truly make a difference, develop new skills and gain powerful insights about our diverse community.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is an award-winning non-profit theatre and educational institution founded in 1990 by Thurman E. Scott.
We help people from all walks of life achieve their potential through drama and education.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is partially funded by the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs.