We are proud to offer on-going Intensive Evening Conservatory Classes for beginning and advanced actors. Master Class meets twice per week. Classes are taught by award-winning actor, director and master teacher of acting Thurman E. Scott.For more information on the process of studying and developing as an actor, read this exciting essay “Digging for Gold” and watch the videos from inside the Master Class.
Master Class – All of the elements of the actor’s craft are taught in this class: Technique I, Technique II, Scene Study, Script Analysis and Character Development. As Mr. Scott teaches each element of the actor’s craft, you will immediately put it into action in order to see the practical application of the concept at work. You will learn the whys and the hows of the actor’s craft. You will develop the ultimate actor’s toolbox that you will be able to draw from when you are developing a character for a play or film. This is a very practical class that will yield extraordinary results, and one that you can return to again and again to further deepen your craft.
- Master Class Monday and Thursday, 7:30 to 11:30 pm (Classes may extend beyond 11:30pm.)
- If you would like to be considered for our acting classes, please fill out the online application.
- Classes are on-going and interested students can apply throughout the year
- Classes are offered in three 15-week terms. You may register for one, two or three terms.
- Tuition is due prior to the start of the term and is non-refundable.
- To prepare for the interview, please read the following documents in their entirety:
Tuition for the Fall 2016 and Winter 2016 Sessions is $1,700.
For all new students who are commencing their first term in the Scott Acting Conservatory, tuition for the term is payable in full in advance.
For all returning students who are commencing their second (or later) term in the Scott Acting Conservatory, tuition for the term may be paid in two installments. The first installment is due before the beginning of the term. The second installment is due during the fourth week of the term.
Tuition is non-refundable.
Tuition may be paid by certified check, money order, cash or credit card. Personal checks are not accepted.
The application process for The Master Class Acting Training Program includes completion of an online application, an interview and an audition.
Special Application Process for people who have attended the Audit Classes being offering at ATW in June – – if you would like to be considered for the Master Class, you will only be required to complete the application and complete an interview. You will NOT be required to complete an audition. Please complete the application, which can be found on ATW’s website at http://www.actorstheatreworkshop.com/scott-acting-conservatory/
If you have any questions about the application process or about the Scott Acting Conservatory, please call Diomarys Mendez at 347.853.1559. Thank you!
- Students must be on time and prepared to work for each class
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful, professional manner
- Except for medical emergency, unexcused or excessive absences are not permitted
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs during class will not be tolerated
- Not adhering to any of the above guidelines are grounds for dismissal
In order to accelerate your development as an actor, we have a few recommendations.
Consider yourself a “theatre artist-in-training”. Like an Olympic boxer, you need to train every day.
Therefore during your training, we strongly recommend the following:
- Eat healthy
- Exercise daily
- Get quality rest and schedule time for quiet and reflection
- Read the newspapers daily
- If you smoke or drink alcohol, substantially limit your use or quit
- Schedule a significant amount of time for studying, rehearsing and class exercises each day
- Create a weekly schedule to achieve all of the above.