This April, be a part of our award-winning Theatre and education program for homeless and at-risk children
Program Dates and times:
- After-school Class Dates: Tuesdays, April 25, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6, 13 from 4:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Saturday Rehearsals leading up to the Final Event: Sat., June 3rd and June 17th from 12:30 to 5:30
- Final Event and Graduation Ceremony: Tuesday, June 20th from 4:00 to 8:30
What your children will receive:
- Hot, nutritious meals donated by top NYC restaurants at each after-school program session.
This delicious food helps to create a warm, homelike atmosphere for our children, who share a family-style meal in each class with volunteer mentors from leading NYC corporations.
- After-School Creative Educational Classes taught by ATW’s Artistic Director and Founder
Thurman E. Scott, an award-winning actor, writer and director. The children develop a vision for a successful future and learn the life and educational choices to get there; strengthen their reading,
writing and presentation skills; and build crucial values of discipline and responsibility.
- Final Performance and Graduation: The unforgettable opportunity to perform for their families,
friends and business and government leaders, and see that their creations are valued. Before the performance, a special dinner. After the performance, certificates of achievement and a gift.
What are other people saying about our theatre and education program?
- New Yorker of the Week: NY1 recently recognized Thurman E. Scott’s committed work and contribution to the community and named him NY1’s New Yorker of the Week. Watch the story here.
- Testimonials: Read the heartwarming words of students, parents and volunteers reflecting on their experiences at ATW. Here is a wonderful letter from one of our facility partners.
- Awards and Recognition: ATW has been endorsed by every NYC Mayoral administration and City Council since we were founded, and won numerous awards for our work in the community.
- Children’s Performance: This inspiring graduation video was filmed at the culmination of one of our 12-week after school semesters. It shows the children’s hunger to learn and success putting our life-changing lessons into practice. Read a selection of inspiring stories the children wrote.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is an award-winning non-profit theatre and educational institution founded in 1990 by Thurman E. Scott.
We help people from all walks of life achieve their potential through drama and education.
The Actors Theatre Workshop is partially funded by the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs.
145 W. 28th Street, New York, NY 10001. Phone: 212.947.1386